back a box ’o books!

The construction of the Sankpala Community Library is on its way, and surprisingly going very smoothly. Every day students and community members have been coming to the site, fetching water, hauling bricks, and mixing cement. It’s amazing to see the progress we have made in just a month. I am simultaneously trying to find a librarian and have him or her trained and on salary.

Now, we need books! My father has set up a sponsorship program to get the boxes of books from our garage to the school here in Sankpala. You can sponsor a box of books for $50. So, call your friends and family, put a couple of bucks together and sponsor a box. I’m thrilled to finally have an opportunity to involve my family and friends at home in a project that is very close to my heart.

Thanks in advance! Let’s get this library rolling!

Comments

Popular Posts